Hello everyone. So I know that this is a bit of a weird topic but it was all i could think of and I thought it might be helpful to some people who have just gone back to school. Also i know i have only had two weeks of GCSE experience but i feel like what i know could be useful to some people and my brother who is currently doing his A-Levels has taught me a lot about GCSE essentials. Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy!
- Pencil case — Definitely a number one essential. I advise that it contains: 2 black pens, 2 blue pens, 2 pencils, 1 rubber, 1 ruler, 1 sharpener, 2+ highlighters (different colours), 1 green pen, 1 red pen, 1 pair scissors, 1 glue stick and some coloured pens or pencils for annotations.
- A thin paper folder — This is essential for keeping hold of any loose sheets of paper or homework which would otherwise get ruined in your bag or go missing. Thin paper folders also don’t take up much room at all as they are so thin.
- A scientific calculator — You are now a GCSE maths and science student and teachers will expect you to be organised enough to own your own scientific calculator which you will need all the time.
- A mathematics set — These sets usually contain a compass, protractor, set square, ruler, pencil and rubber. All of which are needed all the time in maths and occasionally in science too. Again you are now between the ages of 14 and 16 and the teachers will expect you to own your own maths equipment.
- At least one binder — These are fatter folders which contain binder clips. You are very likely to need one of these for certain subjects to organise sheets or to replace a book. For example I needed a binder for Biology, History and physics.
- Revision cards — This may seem a little premature but they are definitely an essential throughout your GCSE years to ensure that you are up to date with facts and prepared for exams.
- An A3 art portfolio/ carry case — This is an essential purely for GCSE art students but i thought i would put it into the list anyway. This is important to have because there will be a lot of work you do at home as well as at school so you will need this to keep your artwork neat and flat between school and home.
I hope that this helped some of you understand what some of the important essentials for GCSE are. If any of you have anything to add then please comment them below for people to read. Please comment, like and follow for more.
Love you all so so much. Bye xx