Hey everybody! So I just saw that I got a comment from anonymous asking how I created my blog. So here are my top tips for blogging.
1) My biggest tip is to blog what you want, when you want. It’s easy to get caught up in the popular things, you don’t have to blog about something just because other bloggers do. It’s your blog.
2) Read your blog back before you upload it. This is something I am really bad at but trust me, you will find mistakes when you read it back.
3) So when you are just starting your blog I recommend you try different styles. You may think you will enjoy blogging one thing in particular but I recommend you do a couple of different blog topics and see what you like.
4) When you first set up your blog you have to choose a design for it. My advice is not to worry about finding the perfect design, just choose one you like because you can always change it later.
5) Make sense in your blog. I struggle at this sometimes too. Sometimes, things make sense in your head but it’s easy to write something which people don’t understand. So, remember people will be reading the blog and make sense! (This links to reading back the blog)
6) In your first blog, I recommend that you tell people a bit about yourself so they know what to expect. You can even do this is your blog is anonymous because you don’t have to give to much away if you don’t want to.
7) Keep it personal. If you have read my previous blogs, you would know that sometimes I say stuff like “sorry I haven’t blogged in a while” and ” hello everybody!”. Keep it personal as if you are talking to someone. But also remember that people have come to your blog to learn a diy or whatever you blogged about so remember to stay to the point.
8) On WordPress, you can add widgets on your blog and I recommend you put a follow button onto the very top of your blog. This is because people are more likely to follow your blog if you make it easy to do so. I really hate it when you have to go right to the bottom of a page to follow a blog.
9) Always comment on other blogs so that people know your out there and will prohaps look at your blog. But something I hate is when people just comment stuff like “Love this. Be sure to check out my blog and follow me.” this makes you appear desperate and I am much more likely to follow a blog if the blogger is nice and only subtly introduces their blog at the end of a comment.
10) Finally, don’t expect much of your blog if you have only just started it. I didn’t get my first follower for about 3-4 days of me starting this blog. You have to give people time to find your blog before you expect them to follow. Be patient. But also keep your blogs frequent. People are more likely to follow a blog which has regular posts.
I hope this was some help to you. I know I have only been blogging for 2 months but these tips are just some things which I have learnt. Sorry this blog was so long but I wanted to include all my tips in one blog. I hope it helped.
Love you all!