Hey everybody! I’m very sorry for not posting last Monday but as it is it he summer holidays I completely lost track of the days so I am posting today instead.
So when the summer holidays come I can’t wait to transform my room into a summery, fun room but I always find that I have loads of school stuff left that you don’t want to through away. So today I am going to show you some summery uses for school stuff.
1) I always find that I have at least one boring, plain notebook left that I have barely used and I never want to wast it so something super summery you can do to a boring old notebook is decorate it to make it a summery book which you can use as a diary etc etc. I ripped out any used pages then decorated the front cover with fun patterned washy tape.
2) Left over bottles of glue. This hack only works with liquid glue and it must be safe and non toxic glue.
Left over glue works really well as a base coat for glittery nail polish. I have struggled so many times to remove glittery nail polish but it just won’t come off. So using an old, clean paintbrush, spread a thin layer of glue over the nail and wait for it to completely dry. (It won’t take long and it drys perfectly clear if the layer is thin) Then apply the nail polish over the top as you usually would. Then when you go to take it off you can simply peel it off. ( I remember sitting in my dt lessons at school with two of my best friends making fake wax strips out of pva glue! Haha)
3) I always have left over stationary which i would buy because it looked cute but i would never use. This year i had left over bulldog clips which i got because they where pretty coloured but i never used them. So i simply clipped them onto an old coat hanger and hung it on the wall and used it to hang my jewellery. I found this one of the best hacks as not only does it make pretty wall art but it also stores necklaces which i always loose or they get tangled.
4) As I like to collect cute stationary at the start of each year I often find left over stationary boxes at the end of the year. This year I had a plastic box which paper clips had come in. I transferred the left over paperclips into a little jar and then I found that the small plastic box worked perfectly to store small hair elastics to keep them separate from my normal hair bands as I am always loosing them. You could also use these boxes to store hair grips or clips but tic tac boxes also work as brilliant hair grip storage.
5) I am sure I am not the only one who looses charger leads over the side of tables or in my case they drop back through the whole they come out of in my desk. So a perfect way to hold them in place is to clip them on with a bulldog clip. This works so well as it also prevents spaghetti wires.
6) This hack doesn’t really link in with school stuff but I wanted to share it with you anyway. If you find that you have lots of old empty picture frame but you have no pictures to put into them a great use for them is to go to your local craft store and buy a really cheap sheet of white bored or black bored material. Then you can take the back of the picture frame and trace around it onto the white bored/ black bored then cut it out. Insert it into the picture frame and there you have your very own white bored or black bored!
7) Again this hack doesn’t really link to school but I wanted to tell you about it anyway as I love it. If you have any left over paint from past craft projects check the bottle and see it it says you can use it on wood. If so you can pain a really cute picture onto the ring side of a log. You can find small logs in the woods, at garden centers or even some craft stores. They only need to be small logs and you don’t need to be good at art. You could even just paint a pattern onto the wood but it makes beautiful room/ garden decor. If you are using it to decorate your garden I suggest you apply a thin layer of varnish over the dry paint to prevent weather damage.
I hope you enjoyed this blog. I wanted to do something a little bit different because my blogs are getting a little bit repetitive. I hope you find these hacks and tricks useful as I certainly did. If you want more blogs like this remember to like. Also follow for more and comment any blog request and suggestions. Sorry that this blog was a little long but i wanted to write in detail.Thanks for reading!
Love you all